Last night at our AGM it was the official close of the 2021-2022 hockey season.
Please see the message below from the CPGHA President.
I would like to first start by acknowledging the ‘Aims and Objectives’ of the CPGHA.
is to foster and encourage girls hockey in the town of Carleton Place and surrounding district.
of the CPGHA are:
- To provide girls and women of the town of Carleton Place and surrounding district, the opportunity to learn and play the game of hockey.
- To ensure that each player, to the extent possible, will be able to participate in a hockey program suited to that player's skill and abilities.
- To establish and maintain a variety of hockey programs (developmental, house league, and competitive) for all age groupings.
- To encourage the participation of any and all interested persons and organizations wishing to volunteer their services in the administration and support of the CPGHA's affairs.
- To foster and develop integrity, team discipline, self-discipline, self-confidence, respect for others, and enjoyment through participation in hockey.
Secondly, I would like to thank all members of the CPGHA, Coaches, Assistant Coaches, Trainers, On-Ice Helpers, Den Moms, Managers and all Team staff that made this year so successful.
I would also like to extend a heartfelt thank you to the CPGHA Executive who made this year a year we should all be proud of. THANK YOU!!
We as a group were able to accomplish so much considering the restrictions and policies which were put in place locally and provincially.
Here are some accomplishments we were able to achieve this busy season:
- 2021/22 Association Sponsorship
- JumpStart Grant
- Goalie Training - U11-U18
- Development sessions for U9-U13
- Regular Season/Tournaments/Playdowns/Playoffs/Championship Day/Provincials
- The ‘Mryna Bowker’ Award was established
- End of Season - Graduate vs Coaches Game
Lastly, Thank you to past Executive members for all your hard work and contribution to this great association.
Let’s continue to provide girls and women the opportunity to learn and play the game of hockey.